Dumpster Diving

So.. Yesterday was one of the most humbling days of my life.

A couple of days ago my husband lost his car keys. We pretty much tore the house apart looking for his keys. It had been two days, and finally yesterday, I called AAA, i was convinced he locked them in his car.

Mind you, his car is a 2001 Toyota corolla. It's been through quite a bit of issues (if you will.)

So I called AAA while he was at work thinking i would be the hero of a wife once I discovered my husbands keys. This also meant i could have my beloved car back :)

AAA came. They unlocked the car.

No keys.

I call my husband, I tell him the story, he explains to me that he thinks he threw them in the trash.
He took the trash to the dumpster on Sunday night. Trash man comes on Tuesday.

It was Tuesday morning at 9:45am.

At this point I am late to work. I call to tell them the story, and refrain from letting them know I am about to dig through the trash for my husbands keys.

Choose wisely friends. If you have to dig through the trash, He better be worth it. You better believe my husband is worth it.

However halfway through other people's filth, i was second guessing my promises at the altar.

I was there for about a half hour. Digging through a bunch of college students trash.
EW.

I finally spotted the bag with the trader Joes' honey greek yogurt & was thrilled! I tore the bag apart.
No freaking keys.

UGH.
I informed my husband that he owed me BIG TIME.

He was so apologetic. But hello!!!! I just dug through a dumpster of filth.
It hit me later in the day about this little dumpster diving event of my life. I have so much filth in my life. I don't know how God puts up with me, and all my junk. My sticky, icky, smelly, stain filled life.
Ya know what He does? He digs through it. He fights the stench, He fights the moldy food and keeps digging so that we can be made clean. He never lets us go.

I have been fighting laziness in my prayer life. I have simply not been reading my bible. Not becuase I don't have the time, but because I don't want to.

It's weird, this isnt the norm for me.

I know he is teaching me something. I know He is up to something. I am coming out of the TOUGHEST season in my life. If I didn't have faith in Jesus, I wouldnt have made it. My marriage would not have made it. I would have given up. Lost hope. I don't know who I would be, or where I would be if it were not for Jesus saving my life, and my husband's life.

Praying he continues to clean out the trash in my life & yours.
Oh how faithful He is.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Pregnant

Thursday Morning Walks

A 3 Year Old Ring